Imagine that you are visiting a website but if it takes too long to respond you will be impatient and move to another site. Same things happens if your website page speed is slow. When a website responds slowly, visitors spend less time there. Many visitors are pressing the back button of there browser because they are waiting for too long to load pages on your website. A lot of webmaster makes stylish beautiful website but if it takes much time to load they will certainly lose the visitor and customer. Again slow speed=less visitor=less money.
Page speed is one of over 200 signals that Google uses to determine a page’s ranking. Though Google usually put the highest importance in relevance, reputation, website age, user response etc, it is wiser to take advantage of every possible step to make a better Search Engine Optimized site. Google has already announced that they use a website’s initial load speed as one of the many ranking factors for their search engine.
So now you understand why the Page load time of your website is important. Lets see How to check the Page speed time.
Tools To Check Website Page Load Time:
1. Google Page Speed: Google Page Speed Insights is probably the best tool available to measure the page speed time. Put the website link on box and click on Analyze. Wait for some time and you will get the result. You will also Suggestion to make your website better. Follow these High priority suggestions if possible. See the image below, my website’s page speed 93 ! Isn’t it beautiful !
2. GTmetrix: GTmetrix uses Google Page Speed and Yahoo! YSlow to grade your site’s performance and provides recommendations to fix these issues.
3. Pingdom: Pingdom is another great tool to measure page speed. You will get a lot of recommendations to speed up your website.
4. Yahoo YSlow: This service provided by Yahoo. Y-Slow analyzes web pages and suggests ways to improve their performance based on a set of rules for high performance web pages. You need to add it to your browser. Feature includes:
- It Grades web page based on one of three predefined ruleset or a user-defined ruleset;
- Suggestions for improving the page’s performance;
- Summarizes the webpage’s components;
- Displays statistics about the page;
- Provides tools for performance analysis, including Smush.it™ and JSLint.
5. Webpage test: WebPagetest is a tool that was originally developed by AOL for use internally and was open-sourced in 2008 under a BSD license. The platform is under active development on Google code. It is now run by the WPO Foundation.
Other Services to test the Website Page Speed:
9. Show Slow
So now test your website in different services and follow the recommendations to improve the page load time.